Executive Assistant to CEO & Founder
Want to help make the world a safer, more sustainable and more creative place? It may sound like a lofty goal, but that’s exactly what we’re doing at Black Spectacles. Our platform attracts architects around the world who want to push the limits of their industry. Our content — which includes podcasts, design tutorials and exam prep — helps architects keep pace with emerging technologies and software, so they can do their best work.
Black Spectacles is ranked #11 in Education for 2019 INC. 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Company List and to keep that momentum going strong, we’re expanding our team of enthusiastic go-getters. We’re on the hunt for an Executive Assistant who is eager to help manage the CEO’s email, calendar and run office operations.
This person will act as the Executive Assistant, operations authority, personal gatekeeper and right hand to our CEO in a professional and personal capacity, while supporting a constantly shifting, complex calendar of appointments, requiring communication with internal and external executives and departments. The position resides within a fast-paced environment where multi-tasking, juggling and managing a number of discrete tasks are critical to success.
- Draft and manage emails/communication on behalf of the CEO, as appropriate
- Ensure the CEO is on time and prepared for meetings; proactively handle extensive scheduling and Google calendar management; consistently review calendar for changes, continually monitoring and handling conflicts
- Manage confidential and sensitive information with tact and discretion
- Coordinate detailed travel arrangements; flight, hotel, dining, and car reservations along with overseeing that travel changes or problems are resolved and communicated
- Screen incoming calls and handle accordingly
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner
- Prepare both routine and confidential correspondence, reports, presentations, and other complex documents
- Coordinate on and offsite meetings, meeting set-up and clean-up. Attend meetings, as appropriate, to stay informed and abreast of current projects, events, and in some cases develop meeting notes
- Create and coordinate presentations for major company events
- Coordinate attendance/details relating to professional memberships, community relations, civic responsibilities, and social and/or personal obligations
- Work collaboratively with all functions
- Follow up with executives’ teams, colleagues, consultants, and vendors on outstanding information/ materials, as requested.
- Take ownership of all administrative office activities including managing vendor payments, monthly transaction reconciliation, and manage all supply procurement
- Manage all insurance, 401k, and benefits communication and action
- Schedule and manage new hire onboarding
- Serve as a resource for office needs and event planning
- Enhance company systems and processes where needed
The person in this role will need to be a masterful problem-solver and an organizational force with complex calendaring. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have exceptional communication skills and the interest and ability to learn about Black Spectacles’ business and customers.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience as an Executive Administrative Assistant supporting Executive-level management in a corporate environment
- Experience supporting C-Level executives at a large and fast growing company
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of client service and response
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving, prioritizing, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to be a self-starter and work both independently and collaboratively with minimal guidance
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and exhibit grace, positivity, and a calm demeanor
- Natural tendency to apply guidance, direction and information from one task to another similar task.
- Proven ability to anticipate needs and stay one step ahead.
- Unlimited Vacation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health, dental, vision, short-term / long-term disability and life insurance.
- Flexible Savings Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- 401k with Employer match
- Employee referral program
- Free weekly team lunch
- Commuter pre-tax program
- Team events: quarterly social gatherings
- Office perks:
- Weekly happy hour
- Open work space environment
- Ergonomic chair, stand-up desk equipment available.
- Discounts to multiple services
Black Spectacles is an equal opportunity employer.