Director of Marketing
Want to help make the world a safer, more sustainable and more creative place? It may sound like a lofty goal, but that’s exactly what we’re doing at Black Spectacles. Our platform attracts architects around the world who want to push the limits of their industry. Our content — which includes podcasts, design tutorials and exam prep — helps architects keep pace with emerging technologies and software so they can do their best work.
Black Spectacles is a young, fast-growing company. To keep that momentum going strong, we’re expanding our team of enthusiastic go-getters.
We’re on the hunt for a Director of Marketing to lead and build our growing marketing team, manage our digital agency, develop and execute a marketing plan, and report the results back to the leadership.
You have 10 or more years experience with a mix of digital and traditional marketing, with a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications or equivalent work experience.
You are a jack of all trades, knowledgable in a wide array of marketing tactics and strategies, and are excited to roll up your sleeves to execute some of the marketing work as we build out the team.
You have a track record of coaching and developing great teams. You motivate your team to achieve and exceed goals by establishing accountabilities, agreeing to high standards monitoring and reviewing performance and providing timely and relevant feedback.
You're a strategic thinker both in terms of marketing and in building out the department. And you have a strong focus on quality- whether it's the strategy or the tactical execution of the work.
You work gracefully under pressure, and you're an expert at planning and priority setting.
You're not afraid to ask questions and are open to constructive criticism. You're an enthusiastic self-starter who takes ownership of your work. You're also flexible and adapt to change well.
- Recruit and hire a marketing team of 3-4 people in the first 6-12 months. Develop short term and long term plan for hiring full time employees and outside freelancers/agencies.
- Set challenging goals for your new team and support and coach them to achieve them.
- Collaborate with CEO to develop and maintain our B2B and B2C marketing strategy which will include digital and traditional marketing tactics, and will roll out in phases as we build out the team.
- Knowledgable about digital marketing tactics- advertising, email drip campaigns, content marketing (white papers and webinars/podcasts), lead nurturing, SEO, social media and marketing automation, and the metrics required to ensure success. Willing to roll up your sleeves and execute some of this work while we build our team.
- Knowledgable about traditional marketing tactics- conferences, partnerships, and PR, and the metrics required to ensure success. Willing to roll up your sleeves and execute some of this work while we build our team.
- Knowledgable about e-commerce, and accountable to improve B2C conversion rates through funnel optimization and other marketing tactics.
- Accountable to ensure that marketing content adheres to our brand voice and graphic identity standards.
- Unlimited Vacation & Yearly "Summer Hours"
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health, dental, vision, short-term / long-term disability and life insurance.
- Flexible Savings Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- 401k with Employer contribution
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Employee referral program
- Free weekly team lunch
- Commuter pre-tax program
- Team events: quarterly social gatherings
- Office perks:
- Weekly happy hour
- Open work space environment
- Ergonomic chair, stand-up desk equipment available.
- Discounts to multiple services
Black Spectacles is an equal opportunity employer.