Executive Assistant/Office Manager
Want to help make the world a safer, more sustainable and more creative place? It may sound like a lofty goal, but that’s exactly what we’re doing at Black Spectacles. Our platform attracts architects around the world who want to push the limits of their industry. Our content — which includes podcasts, design tutorials and exam prep — helps architects keep pace with emerging technologies and software, so they can do their best work.
Black Spectacles is a young, fast-growing company. To keep that momentum going strong, we’re expanding our team of enthusiastic go-getters. We’re on the hunt for an Executive Assistant/Office manager who is eager to help run all office operations and manage the CEO’s calendar.
You will be working in our office, helping manage the CEO’s email and calendar. You’ll also manage all office operations. Additionally, you will administer tasks related to payroll, finance, insurance, 401k, and other benefits.
- Take ownership of all administrative office activities including managing vendor payments, monthly transaction reconciliation, and manage all supply procurement
- Schedule and manage new hire on boarding
- Manage all insurance, 401k, and benefits communication and action
- Serves as a resource for office needs and event planning
- Manage CEO’s email and scheduling
- Enhance company systems and processes where needed
You have previous experience in the same role and strong written and verbal communication. You have a keen eye for developing and improving processes and are comfortable with developing and using reporting. You are a strong planner and organizer.
- You have a minimum of 5 years experience in office management or managing an executive’s calendar.
- Certificate or degree in Office Administration or Administrative Assistant is a plus
- Resourceful, with good organizational, multitasking and time management skills
- Identifies priorities and develops detailed action plans
- Highest degree of professionalism, integrity, accuracy and confidentiality; demonstrated discretion in handling highly sensitive material and information.
- Moves fluidly between levels of the organization; comfortably builds rapport and support
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Turns constructive feedback into learning opportunities
- Unlimited Vacation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health, dental, vision, short-term / long-term disability and life insurance.
- Flexible Savings Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- 401k with Employer match
- Employee referral program
- Free weekly team lunch
- Commuter pre-tax program
- Team events: quarterly social gatherings
- Office perks:
- Weekly happy hour
- Open work space environment
- Ergonomic chair, stand-up desk equipment available.
- Discounts to multiple services
Black Spectacles is an equal opportunity employer.