Want to help make the world a safer, more sustainable and more creative place? It may sound like a lofty goal, but that’s exactly what we’re doing at Black Spectacles. Our platform attracts architects around the world who want to push the limits of their industry. Our content — which includes podcasts, design tutorials and exam prep — helps architects keep pace with emerging technologies and software so they can do their best work.
Black Spectacles is a young, fast-growing company. Our business has grown every single year since we launched our first online course in 2012. To keep that momentum going strong, we’re expanding our team of enthusiastic go-getters. We’re on the hunt for a Learning Designer who is eager to expand their career while helping us expand our business.
The mission for this role is to develop strategies for our educational products and review content related to each of these products.
In this roll, you will:
- Plan, analyze, design, develop, maintain, evaluate and support the implementation of all instructional assets (e.g., videos, exams. flashcards, and coaching/tutoring)
- Leverage industry research and participate in company research to define and measure BKS lesson, module, and program outcomes. You will participate in creating contemporary learning strategies that meet business and audience needs
- Design and build online courses and content helping architects pass the ARE and advance their skills and knowledge in the field.
- Work closely with SMEs to develop content delivery strategies. Determine the appropriate delivery for the target audience.
- Help develop content, instructional formats, and learning objectives for desired learning solutions.
- You have at least 7+ experience as Learning Designer.
- You have experience with test prep and/or professional development companies, and working with online learning and instructional videos/trainings.
- You are experienced with various educational and training methodologies, learning styles and other theories
- You are familiar with different education platforms and are able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- And of course, you're well versed in writing instructional documentation and able to lead teams.
- Unlimited Vacation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health, dental, vision, short-term / long-term disability and life insurance.
- Flexible Savings Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- 401k with Employer match
- Employee referral program
- Free weekly team lunch
- Commuter pre-tax program
- Team events: quarterly social gatherings
- Office perks:
- Weekly happy hour
- Open work space environment
- Ergonomic chair, stand-up desk equipment available.
- Discounts to multiple services
Black Spectacles is an equal opportunity employer.