Want to help make the world a safer, more sustainable and more creative place? It may sound like a lofty goal, but that’s exactly what we’re doing at Black Spectacles. Our platform attracts architects around the world who want to push the limits of their industry. Our content — which includes podcasts, design tutorials and exam prep — helps architects keep pace with emerging technologies and software, so they can do their best work.
Black Spectacles is ranked #11 in Education for 2019 INC. 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Company List and to keep that momentum going strong, we’re expanding our team of enthusiastic go-getters. We’re on the hunt for a Product Manager who is eager to lead and execute our product strategy.
You will be working in our office, bridging the gaps between different functions within the company to bring the product to market and then continually improve on it. You’ll be aligning all of the teams involved.
- Become an expert in our industry, our software, and our customers
- Work directly with teams to ensure our solutions are aligned with overall product objectives (integration)
- Work with customers and internal teams during all phases of product development process, from ideation through release
- Lead backlog prioritization sessions against roadmap and product strategy
- Update and present project status and KPIs weekly
- Work with teams on building practices that support the business
- Perform market research and analysis and uncover trends and opportunities
You have previous experience in a Product Manager role. You have a keen eye for developing and improving processes and are comfortable with developing and using reporting. You are a strong planner and organizer.
- 5+ years of professional experience with software product management
- Experience delivering both new SaaS products as well as improving upon existing SaaS products
- Experience working directly with customers/clients
- Highly analytical with the ability to tie product decisions and recommendations to ROI, data, and available metrics
Nice to have skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Information Systems, or related degree
- MBA or Master’s degree
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with both enterprise and customer facing products (B2B, B2E, B2C)
- Unlimited Vacation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health, dental, vision, short-term / long-term disability and life insurance.
- Flexible Savings Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- 401k with Employer match
- Employee referral program
- Free weekly team lunch
- Commuter pre-tax program
- Team events: quarterly social gatherings
- Office perks:
- Weekly happy hour
- Open work space environment
- Ergonomic chair, stand-up desk equipment available.
- Discounts to multiple services
Black Spectacles is an equal opportunity employer.