ARE Exam Prep Content Writer (Freelance)
Want to help make the world a safer, more sustainable and more creative place? It may sound like a lofty goal, but that’s exactly what we’re doing at Black Spectacles. Our platform attracts architects around the world who want to push the limits of their industry. Our content — which includes podcasts, design tutorials and exam prep — helps architects keep pace with emerging technologies and software so they can do their best work.
Black Spectacles is a young, fast-growing company. Our business has grown every single year since we launched our first online course in 2012. To keep that momentum going strong, we’re expanding our team of enthusiastic go-getters. We’re on the hunt for freelance ARE prep content writers to help us expand our online suite of preparation materials for the Architecture Registration Exam (ARE).
We’re looking for licensed architects with a range of experience – from seasoned veterans to newly licensed professionals. You must be well-versed in the ARE curriculum and learning objectives. Experience in test question writing or lecturing is preferred. Most importantly, you must have a passion for helping young, aspiring architects pass the ARE and get licensed.
• Develop practice exam and/or flash card questions
• Ensure accuracy of all content
• Help guide and shape the direction of new content
• Commitment of approximately 10 hours per month (flexible schedule)
- Must be a Licensed Architect
- Experience with exam writing or lecturing is preferred, but not required
- Access to computer & internet